Job Title: Mike Hess Brewing Brand Ambassador
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 4/20/2020
Are you looking for a workplace to call your family? We here at Mike Hess Brewing are looking for a Brand Ambassador who shares our values — FAMILY – OPPORTUNITY – INTEGRITY – EXCELLENCE – COMMUNITY – FUN! We distinguish ourselves because we care for each other, our customers, our community and the Great Beer we craft.
The Mike Hess Brewing (MHB) Brand Ambassador is the face of MHB and is responsible for sales, marketing and support to current customers as well as growing and developing new accounts in his/her assigned territory. The Ambassador is responsible for selling beer to plan, while establishing, maintaining, nurturing and growing relationships with all accounts, focusing on key craft accounts and expanding the craft footprint in the territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
● Establish and grow strong relationships with distributor representatives to identify and understand each representative’s territories and responsibilities.
● Educate all representatives on MHB and all products produced and distributed.
● Identify all existing accounts currently selling or verbally committed to selling MHB products (on and off-premise) in all territories.
● Establish and grow strong relationships with all accounts in each territory and determine the key accounts.
● Educate all MHB accounts with our products produced and distributed.
● Work directly with the distributor’s on-premise and off-premise sales managers and representatives to determine all target accounts in each territory.
● Establish and grow strong relationships with all target accounts in each territory and educate target accounts on MHB and our products produced and distributed.
● Work directly with MHB Western Region Sales Manager to identify all “non-buy” accounts in each territory. Assist in the development of new sales strategies.
● Coordinate, support, attend and execute all promotional events and festivals in all territories that are deemed effective and viable by MHB management.
● Ensure proper presentation and placement of all MHB products and P.O.S./P.O.P. in all accounts.
● Work directly with distributor sales managers to ensure proper storage and rotation of stock on all MHB products.
● Educate and inform all distributor representatives and key accounts on all limited/seasonal or new releases from MHB. Allocate and pre-sell limited seasonal releases.
● Work directly with MHB Western Region Sales Manager and Operations Team members on sales forecasting, market needs and trends.
● Meet or exceed sales goals for the territory.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Interacts with all employees.
Education and Experience:
● A Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience in a beverage distributor sales environment
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience in beverage distribution sales
● Proven sales results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be 21 years or older and able to work a flexible schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Craft beer sales experience highly preferred
● Enthusiasm and personal knowledge of the craft brewing industry and market
● Knowledge of distributor operations
● Attention to detail, analytical ability, and sense of urgency
● Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
● Google Suite proficiency, including Google Sheets.
● Ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
● A clean driving record
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends
● Detail-oriented, task-minded, self-motivated, driven by success
● Ability to occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 150 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, talk, hear and use hands. Must be able to lift 150 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis.
While performing the duties the employee is:
● Constantly required to drive a car
● Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
● Constantly required to communicate with others
● Frequently required to access and use a computer
● Frequently required to sit
● Frequently required to stand
● Frequently required to use fine manipulation and simple grasping in order to handle office equipment and to utilize the computer
● Occasionally required to lift and transport items weighing up to 150 lbs.
● Required to travel domestically up to 50% of the time
● Equipment typically used: Computer, iPhone, cars
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check required for all positions.
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]